Thursday, November 15, 2012

Four-Hour Chef

This, more than the other two (Four-Hour Workweek and Four-Hour Body), is the Tim Ferriss book I've been waiting for. The book is The Four-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life. This is the one where he breaks down and divulges his strategies and tactics on how to learn anything. He's alluded to it in previous books, or broken down certain things, but now he's showing how to do it yourself.

This is the book I'll probably get the most mileage out of, and I think I'll find that I've been doing SOME of what he's prescribing, but now I'll have a better picture of what I ought to be doing. I'm hoping for a wellspring to just flow in 2013 based on what I'm able to break down, and then build up, once I have this book in my hands (or in my kindle).

Want to be a better learner? This is your book. I pre-ordered the kindle version a year ago, I think. You can pre-order it now and it will be released on Tuesday. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

I will find better ways to teach and learn the Biblical Languages (especially understanding that not all students can or should be treated the same, that is, learning styles, etc.), or die trying. There is at least one chapter dedicated to language learning. I can't wait to get started. But if you want a little bit of a sneak peak, check out this blog post by Tim from a few years ago: How to Learn Any Language in 3 Months.