Sunday, November 6, 2011

3 Weeks

James Brown Stencil in Namur Three weeks. Maybe longer. Has it really been that long since my last blog post?

So I've been in a little funk lately. No, not the good funk, and I need to get out of it. I won't go into great detail in this post, but I will say that some of the things that got me into the funk have been rectified. Nevertheless, I still need to work my way out of it.

A couple carts I fell off of were my diet and Morning Pages.

I'm not fully back on the diet yet (Halloween and trick-or-treating may have thrown me off a bit this last week), but I'll be back on board starting Monday.

As far as morning pages goes, I got discouraged. You may remember that I was introduced to 750words.com on August 1 and I did my pages every single day that month. Then in September I signed up for the monthly challenge to do my pages every day for the whole month. The problem is that you can write your pages whenever you want within the 24 hour day; there's no rule that you HAVE to do them in the morning. And since I wasn't in the habit of writing them in the morning, I missed a day simply by forgetting to do them anytime before midnight. I felt like the whole month was thrown away (I was maybe three days away from completion). I was very frustrated with myself. But it was so close to October that I resolved to complete the challenge next month. Same thing happened again in October, but it was only a couple weeks into October that I blew that challenge. So now it's November, and I don't think I've done my pages yet this month, and no, I didn't sign up for the November challenge because I just wasn't in the mood and not committed to making it. But if I get myself back into the habit this month, I'll do the December challenge. That would make for a good end of month celebration since my birthday is December 31.

For both of these things, diet and morning pages, I just need to get up offa that thing.

Look for two posts in the very near future: 1) summary of the October German Mission, and 2) introduction of the November Mission.