Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Amazon Kindle and Kindle Fire

WANT SO BAD!

Just announced today...

Kindle, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers(aff link) This is one of the new Kindle (with special offers). It's only eighty bucks!

Then there's this: Kindle Fire, Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display, Wi-Fi (aff link) It's two hundred bucks, but that's less than half the price of the current iPad. Sure it doesn't have a camera and some other iPad stuff, but right now I have no tablet at all and I'm completely willing to roll the dice on the Kindle Fire before the iPad. And if I don't like these Amazon devices, I can always return them, right?

3G would be nice, too, but I've survived this far without any 3G wireless devices. But if you can use an Amazon Kindle 3G to check into places on foursquare, I might have to change my mind.

If you're wondering why I'm not considering the Nook by Barnes & Noble, it's because I've purchased kindle books in the past and never any in the Nook format. I've been doing kindle books for a few years and have no reason to consider the other format. I'm happy with very happy with Kindle and the bother of adopting another format isn't worth it to me.

How about you? Is an Amazon Kindle or Kindle Fire on your wishlist?

UPDATE: Take a look at CPH Publisher Paul McCain's blog post: Amazon Continues to Prove is the Best Choice for E-Reader Devices

UPDATE II: Here's a helpful flowchart to help you decide which kindle device is right for you (via lifehacker).