BSLC Florissant Sermon 8:00 am Sunday 8/21/2011 from Jim Steinbruegge on Vimeo.
If you'd like to play along at home, answer these questions from the Wilken Sermon Diagnostic, shamelessly stolen from Extreme Theology.
- How often is Jesus mentioned?
- If Jesus is mentioned, is He the subject of the verbs?
- What are those verbs?
What else can we ask...
- Did he preach from the appointed readings for that Sunday, if so, which text?
- Did he properly distinguish Law and Gospel and not confuse them?
- Did he reference the Sacraments?
- Did he reference the Lutheran Confessions?
- Did he reference the Liturgy?
The last two are not strictly necessary, but they're good things to listen for in a sermon.
So, how did Vicar Ekong do?