Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Your Thoughts?

I feel like this blog hasn't really gotten off the ground yet. The main reason, at least as I see it, is that I haven't started day to day operations in my vocation of deacon. But now that our vicar has departed and is resuming his seminary studies, I will be stepping up into a more active role similar to that, minus a few obvious duties (like preaching). So once I'm into a rhythm of visiting some shut-ins more frequently, preparing to lector more often, teaching a midweek class and working with the youth, ideas the pop in my head or things I come across in my studies will make their way onto this blog.

Whereas, thus far, it's been mostly a introspective / retrospective of my time at seminary, going forward, more of what is published here will flow out of what I'm doing in the parish.

Maybe it's too soon to ask, but what I would really like from you is feedback about this blog. What do you like? What do you dislike? Is there something I should change or improve? Should I schedule live Google hangouts (for those of you on Google+)? Is there something I've put out so far that you haven't really found elsewhere? Is there a topic that you would like me to write on, and so forth. What do you think about the language stuff? (One reason I've put the Voelz Vocab Guide on hold was that other things were coming up and I hadn't heard if anyone was using it or not. It's still there, I just shelved it a few weeks ago.)

Are you enjoying what I am doing on this blog and are you sharing anything I publish with others?

Comments are enabled, that's one route. Another is to email me. I'm also on twitter.

Thank you for reading my stuff and know that I look forward to interacting with you!